What personal information do we collect?
We may collect different personal information from you depending on the circumstances in which that information is collected, including as set out below.
We may also collect non-personal information about you including, but not limited to, data relating to your activities on the Website (including IP addresses) via tracking technologies such as cookies, web beacons and measurement software or data relating to survey responses.
You warrant that the personal information you provide to us, and which we collect from you, is your own information or information which you have been authorised to provide to us.
We may collect the following types of personal information:
– mailing and street address;
– email address;
– telephone/mobile number, fax number and other contact details;
– age and date of birth;
– employment details, including job position;
– business ownership details, including period of ownership;
– financial, credit, credit card and banking information and details;
– your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Website, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
– details of the goods and services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those goods and services and respond to your enquiries;
– any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our Website or indirectly through your use of our Website or online presence or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information (including the specifications of searches you have conducted on our Website);
– information you provide to us verbally or in writing from time to time, including through customer surveys; and/or
– any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
We may collect these types of personal information either directly from you, or from third parties. We may collect this information when:
– you contact us via the contact form on our Website, or otherwise visit our Website;
– you or someone else applies to become a customer of Lloyd Foods, including by completing and submitting a credit application form, or enters into an agreement or other document with us or for our benefit;
– you order goods or services from us;
– you pay for goods or services, or when we process refunds or exchanges;
– when you enquire via our Website or interact with our social media services;
– you communicate with us through correspondence, chats, email, telephone, fax, in person or when you share information with us from other social applications, services or websites;
– you interact with our Website, services, content or advertising; or
– you provide us with a verbal or written reference about another person, or another person provides us with a verbal or written reference about you.
Why do we collect, use and disclose personal information?
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
– to enable you to access and use our services;
– to notify you about changes to our goods or services;
– to process, confirm, fulfil and update you about your orders and to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including by performing authorised financial transactions;
– to communicate with you, respond to enquiries received from you, receive and address feedback or complaints from you, and provide you with information about orders, or otherwise in relation to our goods or services (whether by email, telephone, post or other means);
– to verify your identity;
– to monitor your creditworthiness and payment record, and to attempt to recover any amounts owed to us by you;
– to engage in advertising, marketing and promotional activities, including by sending you messages and other information that may be of interest to you (including information sent by, or on behalf of, our business partners that we think you may find interesting);
– to administer rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners;
– to operate, protect, improve and optimise our Website, services, business and our customers’ experience, including by performing analytics, conducting research and ensuring that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
– to request and obtain from you a verbal or written reference about another person, or to request and obtain from another person a verbal or written reference about you (where you have authorised us to contact the person for that purpose);
– to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our customers, and enforce our agreements with third parties;
– to consider your employment application; and
– any other purpose for which the relevant personal information was provided or collected.
We may also disclose your personal information to a trusted third party who also holds other information about you. This third party may combine that information in order to enable it and us to develop anonymised consumer insights so that we can better understand your preferences and interests, personalise your experience and enhance the goods and services that you receive.
Do we use your personal information for direct marketing?
We and/or our carefully selected business partners may send you direct marketing communications and information about our goods and services. This may take the form of emails, SMS, mail or other forms of communication, in accordance with the Spam Act 2003 (Cth) and the Privacy Act. You may opt-out of receiving marketing materials from us by contacting us using the details set out below under the heading “Contact us” or by using the opt-out facilities provided from time to time (e.g. an unsubscribe link).
To whom do we disclose your personal information?
– our employees and related bodies corporate;
– third party suppliers and service providers (including providers for the operation of our business or in connection with providing our goods and services to you, such as couriers and delivery businesses);
– professional advisers, dealers and agents;
– payment systems operators (e.g. merchants receiving card payments);
– our existing or potential agents, business partners or partners;
– our sponsors or promoters of any competition that we conduct;
– organisations who carry out credit, fraud and other security checks;
– third party software providers who store details of customer accounts for us or who provide other IT services;
– marketing businesses engaged by us to share materials to which recipients have consented.
– anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred;
– third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us, or where it can reasonably be inferred from the circumstances that you consent to the disclosure to the third parties; and/or
– other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Credit checks and reporting
You agree that we may from time to time obtain from, and provide to, credit reporting bodies information about your creditworthiness and payment record. You agree that we may use and disclose any credit related information we may hold about your credit arrangements or credit worthiness for the purposes of monitoring credit worthiness, collecting overdue accounts and assessing any order for goods submitted by you. We may contact trade referees, other providers of credit to you and other persons at any time for these purposes.
If you default on your payment obligations to us under our trading terms, you agree that we may disclose all or any information relating to your account to a credit reporting body and/or a collection agency for the purpose of recovering outstanding monies.
You have the right to request credit reporting bodies not to:
– use your credit eligibility information to determine your eligibility to receive direct marketing from credit providers; and
– use or disclose your credit eligibility information if you have been or are likely to be a victim of fraud.
Disclosure of personal information outside Australia
We may disclose personal information outside of Australia to cloud and hosting service providers located in www.lloydfoods.com.au
When you provide your personal information to us, you consent to the disclosure of your information outside of Australia and acknowledge that we are not required to ensure that overseas recipients handle that personal information in compliance with Australian privacy laws. We will, however, take reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipient will deal with such personal information in a way that is consistent with the Australian Privacy Principles.
Using our Website and cookies
We may collect personal information about you when you use and access our Website.
While we do not use browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of our Website, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer or other device.
We may also use ‘cookies’ or other similar tracking technologies on our Website that help us track your Website usage and remember your preferences. Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, TV, mobile phone or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognise you across different websites, services, devices and/or browsing sessions. You can disable cookies through your internet browser but our Website may not work as intended for you if you do so.
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and we use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
Accessing or correcting your personal information
You can access the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the details set out below under the heading “Contact us”. Sometimes, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information and, where this is the case, we will tell you why. We may also need to verify your identity when you request your personal information. If you think that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or requires updating, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
If your request is particularly complex, or requires detailed searching of our records, there may be a cost to you in order for us to provide this information.
Making a complaint
If you think we have breached the Privacy Act, or you wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, email address and/or telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. We will acknowledge your complaint and respond to you regarding your complaint within a reasonable period of time. If you think that we have failed to resolve the complaint satisfactorily, we will provide you with information about the further steps you can take.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint or the way we handle it, you may make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at https://www.oaic.gov.au/individuals/how-do-i-make-a-privacy-complaint.
Lloyd Foods Pty Ltd
58 Micro Circuit, Dandenong South, 3175 Victoria, Australia
Effective: 20th May 2020